Okay, so I am running feed-the-beast. It's a mod-pack for minecraft. Take a look at it if you get a chance... ANYWAY, I have gotten to run a server on my computer but have an issue. I need to give the program a bit more ram. Okay, a LOT more. I can set this up just fine for vanilla minecraft. Go to the run.bat file and edited the -xmsx command line and add more ram. However, when I try this on FTB, it does NOTHING. I am still sitting at about 300 Mb being used. 500 tops, but that's rare. My computer has 12 Gb of ram. Needless to say, I have it available. I am also running java-64 bit on a 64 bit OS. The server would just be for me and one other person. So, how can I fix this RAM issue?
- memory usage [ram] is sitting at 200-300 mb
- have 12 Gb of ram available
- want to up the server's usage of ram to anywhere b/t 3-6 Gb allocated to use as needed
- There'd be 2 players on the server, myself included.
- The command line doesn't change the actual ram usage.
- Basing this off the GUI.